The Rotem Industries Medical Imaging division is a world leader in consumables for PET imaging. Rotem develops, manufactures and supplies complete packages for radiotracer production: oxygen-18 enriched water (O-18), plastic cassettes, precursors and full reagent kits for a range of synthesis modules.
Serving customers through a worldwide network, Rotem excels in uncompromising product quality coupled with a deep understanding of customers’ needs, in order to ensure uniformly high production yields and unsurpassed quality. The passion for quality is driven by a team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals who recognize the critical role their products play in the PET Radiotracer production chain.
Rotem is highly active in the design and production of consumables for novel radiotracers under development. These projects benefit from our interdisciplinary expertise and direct market access, the result of years of direct, day to day and close cooperation with radiopharmacies worldwide.
In the Beginning…
Rotem identified the great potential in PET imaging during the early 1990’s and was the first world-class entity to invest in production of Oxygen-18 enriched water. Thanks to Rotem’s production capacity of this critical raw material, the factor limiting development of PET – FDG availability – was alleviated and the tool spread rapidly into clinical use.
The Rotem brand became recognized as the world standard for quality and reliability in the PET industry.
The close association with cyclotron facilities worldwide set the base for additional consumables necessary for radiotracer synthesis:
- In 2003 Rotem began supplying FDG reagent kits and precursors such Mannose Triflate.
- In 2005 customers turned to Rotem for supply of disposable cassettes used in the TRACERlab MX FDG synthesis module. This production line was developed quickly and expanded by 2008 into a state of the art GMP facility.
Today Rotem’s cassettes are preferred around the world for their high reliability and attractive pricing.
- In early 2010 Rotem became fully GMP certified in accordance with ICH / FDA Q7 Good Manufacturing Practice for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- In 2014 Rotem received a certificate of suitability for Mannose triflate from the EDQM (European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & Health Care)
- In 2015 Rotem began supplying Ga-68 PET tracers
Daily, close contact with customers is led by the marketing and sales functions, with wholly-owned subsidiaries in the U.S. and Germany complemented by a network of exclusive and dedicated distributors around the globe.